Sunday, April 20, 2008

Janice! Am not so slow anymore! wahahahaha

My laptop has been booting real slow these past few days and Janice was suggesting that I upgrade my unit. I was considering it but I just use my laptop to post process pics (if I remember to make time) or to surf hehehe I'm still happy with it (even if I haven't fix my sound card yet) and the only thing that irked me is that it takes almost 2 minutes to boot. =)
Searching for the answers online... I stumbled on bootchart... sorry I forgot to bookmark the site where I chanced upon it. Anyway... it's easy to install... just apt-get install bootchart

It makes a pretty picture where we can check boot sequence and how long it took for each application.... so based on this pretty picture... (I cropped most of it... sorry) Usplash was taking a loooooooong time.So after I removed Usplash which is just a boot up beautifier by suppressing the lines of logs usually filling the screen.... my boot time was significantly shorter. Yey!

No comments: